Last Modified: October 23, 2023
Types of Information We Collect During Product Use
Converus develops and sells its products and services directly to End Customers (“Customers”) and to third-party, authorized Service Providers (“Service Providers”) who provide products and services. While using Converus products, Customers and Service Providers may collect personal information from you, which is information about you that can be used to uniquely identify you, such as your name, email address, photograph, voice recording, or video recording, if you consent to provide such information.
Converus products may also collect information that does not uniquely identify you if you consent to provide such information. We collect such information in various ways, including if you request information from us, download, use, and/or install Converus products, or when contacting our customer support. In some instances, you may disclose your personal information to a Service Provider in order to utilize our products. The Service Provider may disclose some of your personal information collected with Converus, in which case that information will be protected according to the terms of this Policy. Service Providers are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which you disclosed it to them.
Converus must receive or collect some information to operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support and market Converus products, including when you install, access, or use those products.
Information You Provide includes:
- Converus Account Information: Converus will require some basic information from you to create an account through any Converus products, including, but not limited to, name, contact information, or other similar information.
- Customer Support and Other Communications: When you contact Converus for customer support or similar needs, you may provide us with information relevant to your use of Converus products, information such as your name, email, or other contact information provided when you contact us, and any other information helpful for resolving your issue.
- Test Taker Information: Converus products can be used to collect information about test takers before and after using relevant Converus products. This information can include personal information, contact information, and user feedback about their testing experience. Depending on the test taken, Converus may collect information including a test taker ID number, photograph, voice recording, or video recording of your eye or face.
- Payment Information: Converus may collect some personal financial information in the course of collecting payments from customers. Credit card payment information is not retained by Converus but may be retained by a merchant account provider.
Automatically Collected Information includes:
- Device Information: Converus will collect information about your mobile device upon installation of Converus mobile apps to ensure compatibility, including hardware model, operating system version, app version, network connection information, battery level, signal strength and access device features necessary for use of any installed Converus app, like camera and storage.
- Connection Information: Converus will collect device and connection-specific information when you install, access, or use Converus mobile apps, including network information, mobile network, IP address, and browser information.
- Usage and Log Information: Converus will collect information about your use of Converus mobile apps, such as diagnostic and performance information. This information includes information about how you use Converus apps, log files generated through use, diagnostic information, and performance logs.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Converus may use the information obtained about you to:
- Our services: Converus uses information provided by users to operate, improve, and provide our products and services. Information provided by you in the course of using Converus products is used to process the results of any tests taken. Your information helps us understand your needs and interests and tailor our other products and services accordingly. We also use your information to respond to your questions and comments and provide more robust customer support.
- Communications: Converus uses information to communicate with you about our products and services as well as offers, events, and other promotions.
Converus also may use the information obtained about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
Converus offers you the following choices about the information collected from you and how we communicate with you:
Promotional Offers and Marketing Emails. If you do not wish to have your personal information used by Converus to promote our products or services, you can opt-out of these communications. If we have sent you a marketing email, you may choose not to receive additional marketing email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our marketing emails.
Information Provided by Our Business Customers. If your current or potential employer or another Converus Service Provider provides your personal information to us, you may have certain choices with respect to our use or disclosure of such information. Please contact the relevant Converus Service Provider or your current or potential employer to learn about and exercise your choices.
Accessing and Correcting Your InformationYou may send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Subject to applicable law (such as the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679), you may have certain additional rights to request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, and have your personal information blocked or deleted, as appropriate.
Children Under the Age of 11
Converus products and services are not directed to, and Converus does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 11. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 11, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 11, please contact us at [email protected].
Security and Storage
Converus has reasonable security measures in place in an effort to protect your personal information, during transmission and once received, from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Our servers are protected by firewall systems and complete backups are performed regularly. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology is used for all transmitted data and we use encryption for data at rest. Encryption and anonymizing techniques are employed for some data stored. Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective.
Other Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Information
Law, Our Rights, and Protection
Geographic Restrictions and Data Transfers
Additional GDPR Information
You have rights with respect to the information collected described above, these rights include:
- The right to access– You have the right to request copies of your personal data from us.
- The right to rectification– You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we addresses any information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure– You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing– You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing– You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability– You have the right to request that we transfer data that we have collected from you to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Additional CCPA, Utah Consumer Privacy Act, and other USA Privacy Law Information
Depending on where you live and subject to certain exceptions, you may have some or all of the following rights:
- Right to Know: The right to request that we disclose to you the information collected or received from you, used or disclosed by us, and information about our data practices.
- Right to Request Correction: The right to request that we correct inaccurate information maintained about you.
- Right to Request Deletion: The right to request that we delete information collected from or about you.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your privacy rights.
Under certain U.S. Privacy Laws, you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. If you use an authorized agent to submit a request, we may need to collect additional information, such as a government issued ID, to verify your identity before processing your request to protect your information.
If you have additional questions about this policy, how to exercise your rights under the applicable U.S. Privacy Laws, and, as applicable, to appeal a consumer rights action, please contact us.
Additional EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework Information
Note: On this page, EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework is referred to as EU-U.S. DPF and the Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework is referred to as Swiss-U.S. DPF.
ii. The types of personal data collected by Converus are set forth in the relevant section above.
iii. Converus is committed, and subject, to the EU-U.S. DPF Principles for all personal data received from the EU, the United Kingdom (and Gibraltar), and/or Switzerland in reliance on the relevant part(s) of the DPF program.
iv. The purposes for which Converus collects and uses personal information are set forth in the relevant section above.
v. In compliance with the EU-U.S. DPF, UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and Swiss-U.S. DPF Principles, Converus commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. European Union individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our EU-U.S. DPF, UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and Swiss-U.S. DPF policy should first contact Converus at:
Telephone: +1 801-331-8840
Email: [email protected]:
Mail: Converus, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Matters
610 S. 850 E., Ste #4
Lehi, Utah 84043
vi. The type or identity of third parties to which Converus may discloses personal information, and the purposes for which it does so are set forth in the relevant section above.
vii. Your rights as an individual to access your personal data are set forth in the relevant section above.
viii. Your choices and the means offered by Converus for you to limit the use and disclosure of your personal data are set forth in the relevant section above.
ix. Converus has further committed to refer unresolved EU-U.S. DPF complaints to JAMS Data Privacy Program, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint, please contact or visit JAMS’ website for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS Data Privacy Program Dispute Resolution are provided at no cost to you.
x. The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over Converus’ compliance with the EU-U.S. DPF, the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. DPF principles.
xi. Under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for complaints regarding EU-U.S. DPF compliance not resolved by any of the other EU-U.S. DPF mechanisms. Additional information can be found on the EU-U.S. DPF website.
xii. Under EU-U.S. DPF and the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. DPF principles, Converus may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
xiii. Converus shall remain liable under these DPF Principles if its agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with these DPF Principles, unless the organization proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Attn: Privacy Matters
610 S. 850 E., Ste #4
Lehi, Utah 84043
Converus (“with truth”) provides scientifically validated credibility assessment technologies that help protect countries, corporations and communities from corruption, crime and threats.